LW300 problems

Discussion in 'Saturn L-series' started by Leged, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Leged

Leged

I have a LW300 wagon. Currently will not start. Dealer wants $3000 to change the pass code lock sensor new tumbler new key and reprogramming. I replaced the BCM a while back with an ebay one, everything has been working fine for almost a year, although I did not have the key fobs reprogrammed.

The other day I drove car home and parked it. The next day nothing, no power at all. No dome light, radio, etc. Disconnected the battery and reconnected and it won't start. Dealer says they got it started but after a few starts it reverts back and will not start.

Is this something I can fix at home? Is the dealer the only one who can do this work and reprogram? They say that changing the pass code lock sensor may not be the issue by itself may need the BCM changed too for another $1000.

Is it even worth it, are these vehicles problematic? My Gma bought the car new in 2003 has fairly low mileage. Maybe around 90k. If I pay the money to fix it will something else give out?
    I have a 93 SL1 and this thing is still going!

In Los Angeles area.

Thank you!!

Leged, Apr 16, 2024
Ask a Question